Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Emmet(formerly Zen Coding)
Emmet Zen (Coding) plugin is a scripting based wrapper around Emmet (formerly Zen Coding) engine written by Sergey Chikuyonok.
“Zen Coding is an editor plugin for high-speed HTML, XML, XSL (or any other structured code format) coding and editing. The core of this plugin is a powerful abbreviation engine which allows you to expand expressions—similar to CSS selectors—into HTML code.” - from Zen Coding website
The engine itself similar to functionality provided by built-in HippoEDIT code templates, but support much more HTML/CSS editing functionality. So, if you do HTML/CSS authoring - it is recommended to have.
What is supported
- all Emmet/ZenCoding commands (as HTML Tag manipulation/navigation, navigating through code edit points, CSS reflects, increasing/decreasing numbers etc)
- Emmet/ZenCoding settings can be found in Tools→Options→Plugins→Emmet
- Emmet/ZenCoding abbreviations and snippets are now registered as script templates and suggested in Code Hints and also shown in Code Completion list (if enabled to show Code Templates there)
After installing the plugin, you can find following three main files in <plugins>\emmet directory, which control wrapping of Emmet for HippoEDIT:
- editor.js - main helper object with HippoEDIT related edit functionality used by Zen Coding
- file.js - file related functionality (needed for some commands as “Update Image Size” )
- emmet.hejs - HippoEDIT plugin file, that does all UI stuff and register handlers (menu creation, commands creation, code template registration etc)
- directory /core contains Zen Coding code, which can be easy updated with newest version from Zen Coding web site, if needed (contains original files from here).
You can install plugin directly from HippoEDIT Plugins options page (Tools→Options→Plugins), if you have Online Repository activated or by download plugin bundle directly from this page and open it with HippoEDIT.