FTP Explorer plugin supports FTP/FTPS/FTPEX/SFTP modes. Implements seamless FTP browsing, background loading and saving of files, searching on FTP etc.
After installing FTP Explorer plugin, there are two ways of accessing FTP functionality:
- Using menu File → FTP.
- From FTP Explorer pane: menu View → Panes → FTP Explorer.
FTP Explorer Pane
- FTP Toolbar - with set of buttons giving access to frequent FTP actions and settings
- Path Field - indicates current FTP path and can be used for fast navigation to specific FTP folder
- FTP Folder Tree - FTP content tree, that by default shows only FTP folders, but can be configured to show files also
- Filter Field - content filter for File list. You can use here file mask notation to filter files you would like to see, or use predefined set for installed syntaxes
- File List - by default list of files in current directory, filtered by file mask provided in Filter Field. You can configure it to show folder also.
Search on FTP
FTP Explorer allows you to run full text search on connected FTP site, using same interface/options used for other type of searches in HippoEDIT.
You can call FTP search:
- From FTP Explorer pane, using appropriate button on FTP Explorer pane toolbar
- From main menu Search → Find on FTP
- Using shortcut, after assigning it to FTP.Find command
Extension of main menu
- Restore connection on start-up - if set, last open connection will be automatically restored on editor startup
- Remember Last directory - if set, plugin will load last active directory on site connection
- Follow Active Document - if set, FTP Explorer pane will synchronize current FTP folder with the remote directory of the current file (if currently opened file originated from FTP). Switching to file loaded from site different from current will trigger re-connect to appropriate FTP site
- Output connection details - write connection details in FTP Output pane. If not set, only error messages written in FTP Output pane.
- Fallback to FTP over HTTP - when set, FTP Explorer will automatically fallback to FTP over HTTP mode, in a case of direct FTP connection is impossible. This option can be useful, if you use same site profile for connections from networks tunneling Internet request through HTTP proxy (FTP protocol is not tunneled) and networks do not use HTTP proxy. The option is only available for plain FTP connections.
- Folder Tree - show folder tree
- File List - show file list
- Path Field - show path field
- Files in folder tree - show files in folder tree. Can be used, if File List is turned off
- Folder in File List - show folders in file List. Can be used, if Folder Tree is turned off.
Public Key Authentication
Enter here path to private SSH key, used for automatic login to SFTP sites.
Enter here the path to default local directory used as a location for caching remote files. You can use as the direct path as formed using built-in and FTP variables.
Default path is: %UserDir%\FTP\Cache\%FTPUser%@%FTPHost%
Management of Sites
|FTP.Abort||Abort queued FTP operations|
|FTP.Connect||Connect to remote FTP|
|FTP.CreateFile||Creates new remote file|
|FTP.CreateFolder||Creates new remote directory|
|FTP.Delete||Delete remote directory or file|
|FTP.DownloadFile||Download and open file in text editor|
|FTP.FilePermission||Edit remote file permissions|
|FTP.FileSaveAs||Download file and save it under specified name|
|FTP.Find||Call Find in Files dialog for FTP|
|FTP.ManageSites||Manage FTP Sites|
|FTP.NewSite||Create new FTP Site|
|FTP.Refresh||Refresh selected directory|
|FTP.Rename||Rename remote directory or file|
|FTP.Settings||Show FTP Explorer Settings|
|FTP.SiteSettings||Show Site Settings|
|FTP.Synchronize||Synchronize FTP Explorer current directory (folder tree and file list) with directory of active file|
|FTP.UploadCurrent||Upload current file to selected directory|
|FTP.UploadSelected||Upload selected files to remote directory|
|%FTPUser%||anonymous||current FTP user|
|%FTPHost%||ftp.hippoedit.com||current connected FTP site|
FTP Explorer plugin is preinstalled within HippoEDIT installation (shall be selected in installation configuration).